LEAF is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how it is used.
Why LEAF collects information
One aim of our organisation is to bring together individuals who are interested in supporting the protection of the Leuser Ecosystem. Collecting and understanding information about people with an interest in the Leuser Ecosystem enables us to communicate and fundraise more effectively.
All of our use of personal data is in accordance with your data protection rights, and we will only process data where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, including to support the administration of the organisation, undertake fundraising actions and understand our supporters better.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Payment information if you have made a donation or awarded a grant to LEAF
- Records of your correspondence with us, including questions, comments, or requests to receive certain information
- Images, photographs and video if you take part in an event with us
- Your preferences if you want us to contact you in a particular way, or not contact you at all
How we collect data and what we use it for
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us by you through direct interactions or via interactions on our website/social media/email. In limited cases we might also obtain personal information about individuals who may be interested in giving major gifts to our organisation. In these cases, we may collect information about you, such as your work or interests, from publicly available sources. We will only contact you if we think you are likely to have an interest in our work.
The ways in which we use your data include:
- Communicating with you about information you have requested
- Keeping you up to date with LEAF’s work and the latest news from the Leuser Ecosystem
- Administering your donation, including processing Gift Aid (note that credit card information is only used for agreed upon donation or payment processing, and not stored)
- Keeping a record of your relationship with us
- Asking for financial and non-financial support
- Managing your communication preferences
- Inviting you to events and to take part in campaigns
- Analysing our database for statistical purposes and to better communicate with you
Who we share information with
LEAF will never share your information with anyone outside of the organisation without your permission. We do not sell or provide any data to third parties.
How to access, update or remove your personal information
You can contact us at any time to ask where we got your details from, what information we hold on you and to update it or ask us to delete it.If you no longer want to be contacted by us or would like to limit the type of communication you receive, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org